Thursday, January 15, 2009

I Love You, Beth Cooper

By Larry Doyle.  Awesome.  Hilarious.  Just so funny.  I was not surprised to find, in reading the author bio, that he has worked on the Simpsons.  This was a recommendation I didn't take too seriously, but was wandering around B&N looking to buy myself books for Christmas (well, an organization what will remain nameless, for which I do well above and beyond what I should  bought me a fuchsia pencil case for Christmas, I'm buying what I want with my employee discount, in all fairness it was a very expensive pencil case.  Which I can't return.  I hate fuchsia).  ANYWAY.  So I walked by it and picked it up.    It is the story of the Buffalo Grove Valedictorian, and how telling Beth Cooper he loves her during his graduation speech changes the course of well, at least graduation night.  It's funny, it's smart, it's wickedly clever, and it might even have a good message (I was too busy laughing to be sure).  This will be my go to male above 16 recommendation for a long time.  Which, considering how much I adore Christopher Moore, and would use him as a recommendation for ANYONE, is a big compliment.  Read it.   

No comments: