Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The Idiot Girl and the Flaming Tantrum of Death

Have I mentioned that I adore Laurie Notaro? I love her. She's the author of 5 humorous essay books and one fiction novel. I love them all completely. Her newest one is no exception, it is funny, wickedly beautifully funny. I often find myself reading her essays and tears running down my face as I laugh. She is a klutzy, honest, warm and can turn an incident that has happened to many of us into something truly brilliantly funny. This is for all of us who can't quiet keep it together, and don't seem to mind that much, just so long as we can have a beer and laugh about it. Try her first book The Idiot Girls Action Adventure Club. I picked it up on a whim at my local bookstore when it first came out, and I have been pushing Laurie ever since to my friends. Perhaps the reason I haven't liked the last few books I've read was because there was a new Notaro sitting on my shelf waiting for me to start it, or because I had just read it and now find anything without a pitch perfect sense of humor annoying. Girls, seriously, need a laugh, go get it.

1 comment:

Meghan Scarsella said...

This title sounds a lot like a few second graders I know! Just sayin....