Tuesday, August 18, 2009

This is where I leave you

I haven't put up This Is Where I Leave you by Jonathan Tropper yet? WHAT? I am failure as a blogger (among the many things I am a failure at). Seriously, I think this book has been out for two weeks now, and I have hand sold it a ton, but I haven't reviewed it? I'm sorry. Read it. Check it out from the library, borrow a copy, wait a year and buy it in paperback, whatever you need to do, but read it. A fall away Jewish family loses their patriarch and they find out that in his will he has asked his four children and his wife to sit shiva. The narrator is a man who has just found out that his wife is sleeping with a jerky radio personality and lost his job. His older brother runs the family sports store, his sister is married with three little kids and a distant husband, and his younger brother coasts through life on his charm. During the week the siblings fall back into their childhood roles, and hilarity ensues. Funny, sweet, heart warming and well written, I recommend it for anyone who has a weird family. So everyone.

1 comment:

Meghan Scarsella said...

Definitely not a failure as a blogger, or anything else, for that matter...I really enjoy checking your site for great book recommendations. Please keep them coming!!