Thursday, December 17, 2009

Bite Me!

Oh how I love Christopher Moore. He is one of my favorites, and he never fails to disappoint. In this the third of his vampire trilogy (Bloodsucking Fiends and You Suck), it follows the story of Tommy and Jody, new vampires, and their hysterical minion Abby Normal (I know, I hear Igor in my head when I see that name too).
Are you not familiar with Tommy, Jody, Abby and the rest of Moore's San Francisco characters? Why? You should be. If you need an intro to Moore's San Francisco, start with Dirty Job, and then read this trilogy. I find them to be beautifully written. No, really, the man can write. But it's his humor that is the real find here. He's managed to pack a lot of funny into every page. I just loved him writing in Abby's voice, it was hilarious.
I read this book curled up on a couch, with my new cubs Snuggie, drinking starbucks Christmas blend. It was paradise. READ CHRISTOPHER MOORE. That is all I have to say. Fool (King Lear as told by the Fool) comes out in paperback soon. Read it, cherish it, tell me why you love it nearly as much as I do below.

No comments: