Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Fool and King Lear

Book Club this Friday, so I'm rereading Fool by Christopher Moore. A hardship, let me assure you, as I love this book more the second time than I did the first. I'm also rereading King Lear, mostly because it's been years since I've read it, and because I'm scared people are going to ask me tough questions. I managed, in my quest to find a copy of Lear at my school (which we did not have, do you think we should be shut down? Because I think we should be shut down), to recommend Fool to all of the English teachers in the building. Fool is King Lear from the perspective of Pocket, the fool. Except, well, Christopher Moore takes some liberties, so there is a lot more swearing, sex and things I think are hilarious. Can I be a dork and recommend you read Fool and King Lear either together or one after another? It'll make you appreciate Moore's genius all the more. Oh, and I have a copy I can lend out starting Monday, if you want to read it.

No comments: